|Find A Pet Song|
|专辑||Songs of Friendship and Magic|
|BMI Work ID||14088135|
|Find A Pet Song （专辑版本）|
据丹尼尔·英格拉姆所言，本曲的创作受到了1967年美国音乐电影《怪医杜立德》中歌曲《Fabulous P laces》的影响。本曲的部分旋律被用在了Discovery Family的日间节目网站上的“Fluttershy's Songbird Chorus”游戏当中。本歌还是专辑《Songs of Friendship and Magic》中的第五首音乐，在该专辑中，本歌曲名字为“May the Best Pet Win”（与歌曲所在剧集名字相似，只是少了感叹号）。此外，本曲还是唱片专辑《Magical Friendship Tour》A面的第五首歌。
- Now, Rainbow, my dear, I cannot express my delight
- It's abundantly clear
- That somewhere out here
- Is the pet that will suit you just right
- I can't wait to get started, but first let me set a few rules
- It's of utmost importance
- The pet that I get
- Is something that's awesome and cool
- 小蝶: Awesome, cool, got it!
- I have so many wonderful choices, just wait, you will see
- I need something real fast like a bullet to keep up with me
- Sure! How 'bout a bunny?
- They're cutesy and wootsie and quick as can be
- Cutesy? Wootsie? Have you even met me?
- Rainbow, have faith
- You see, I will bet you
- Somewhere in here is the pet that will get you
- 小蝶: Come on, the sky's the limit!
- 云宝黛茜: Sky is good. I'd like it to fly.
- 小蝶: Really? Because I think this widdle puddy tat has your name written all over it. Yes, he does. Aww, look, he likes you!
- 云宝黛茜: Pass.
- I have so many wonderful choices for you to decide
- There are otters and seals
- With massive appeal
- 云宝黛茜: Otters and seals do not fly.
- 小蝶: Maybe not, but I've seen this particular seal catch ten feet of air when he breaches the water!
- [seal barks]
- 云宝黛茜: That's it. I'm outta here.
- Wait! There must be a pet here
- That will fit the ticket
- How 'bout a ladybug, or a cute cricket?
- 云宝黛茜: Bigger. And cooler.
- 小蝶: Bigger, cooler. Right.
- I've got just the thing in that tree, Dash
- Meet your new fabulous pet, Squirrely!
- 云宝黛茜: It's just a squirrel.
- 小蝶: Not just any squirrel. A flying squirrel!
- 云宝黛茜: ...Yeah. So, like I was saying...
- Fluttershy, pal, this won't cut it
- I need a pet to keep up with me
- Something awesome, something flying
- With coolness that defies gravity!
- 小蝶: I'm sensing you want an animal that can fly.
- 云宝黛茜: Ya think?
- I have plenty of wonderful creatures who soar in the sky
- Like a sweet hummingbird or a giant monarch butterfly
- 云宝黛茜: Better, but cooler.
- I see. How 'bout an owl, or a wasp, or a toucan?
- There's so many wonderful creatures the likes of that
- There are falcons and eagles
- They are both quite regal
- Or perhaps what you need is a dark and mysterious bat?
- 云宝黛茜: Now you're talking! But instead of just one standout, now that's too many.
- So many choices, and such riches aplenty
- 小蝶: Not a bad problem to have, if you ask me.
- The bat would be awesome, but the wasp I'm digging too
- Do you have something in a yellow striped bat?
- 小蝶: No.
- I've got a hot pink flamingo, just dying to meet you
- What to do, what to do? [gasp]
- A prize! That's it! There's really just one way
- To find out which animal's best
- Hold a contest of speed, agility, and guts
- That will put each pet to the test
- Don't forget style, that should be considered
- Then we'll know for sure who's best of the litter
- The one who is awesome as cool
- Just like me
- Can't settle for less, 'cause I'm the best
- So a contest we will see
- Who's the number one, greatest, perfectest pet
- In the world for me!
- May the games
- 云宝黛茜: And may the best pet win!
歌曲《Find A Pet Song》与歌曲《Becoming Popular》在第39届日间艾美奖颁奖期间一起被提名为最佳儿童动画原创歌曲奖。颁奖期间此曲的名字是《May The Best Pet Win》，并署上了梅根·麦卡锡的名字作为此曲的作词者（而不是歌曲《May The Best Pet Win》的作曲者夏洛特·富勒顿）。（尽管这里署上的名字很可能是被混淆了的。而在麦卡锡编剧的剧集“社交名马”中，富勒顿被署名为歌曲《Becoming Popular》的作词者。）
- Charlotte Fullerton on Twitter (2012-10-06). 于2012年10月6日检索.
- Daniel Ingram discussing the "Find A Pet Song" (2011-11-19). 于2012年1月2日检索.
- News post listing the tracks on Songs of Friendship and Magic. 于2013年12月6日检索.
- Daniel Ingram discussing the "Find A Pet Song" (2011-11-20). 于2013年5月4日检索.
- Nominations announced for the 39th annual Daytime Emmy Awards. The National Academy of Television Arts and Sciences (May 9, 2012). 于2012年5月9日检索.
英文原文：Find A Pet Song